Food and Herbs for Adrenal Dysfunction
IN THIS EPISODE:
The Importance of a Balanced Breakfast
A typical high carbohydrate breakfast that consists of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and toast puts a lot of stress on the adrenals. If people are in a state of adrenal dysfunction, they need a balanced breakfast to “break their fast”. A good breakfast would have something “green”, a good source of protein, good omega-3 fats, or something with probiotics.
Important Vitamins for Adrenals
Vitamin C is important for cortisol and other adrenal hormones. It is also an antioxidant that protects the adrenals from damage. Vitamin B5 is needed to convert cholesterol to pregnenolone and is helpful for those under long periods of stress with adrenal dysfunction.
Mushrooms to Support Adrenals
Cordyceps are adaptogenic mushrooms that help the body maintain consistent energy levels and help the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which increases cellular oxygen absorption to alleviate adrenal fatigue.
- Get our FREE Guide to Taking a Detailed Health History that gets you to root causes with ease.
- Access Additional Resources for Practitioners ready to improve clinical outcomes through our Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training.
- Read through our FREE Adrenal Guide.
- Create your own healthy and balanced breakfast meals with our Break your fast menu here.
- Learn about food and nutrients that can help your clients get a balanced diet with our Functional food guide here.