Functional Food and Metabolic Healing
In this week’s episode of the ReInvent Healthcare podcast, Dr Ritamarie explores the effects of food on metabolic health, and how nutrients can support insulin receptors in people with metabolic disorders. This episode delves into functional food and various ways of increasing the metabolic system. By focusing on insulin sensitivity and increasing nutrients like chromium, magnesium, and DHA docosahexaenoic, you can learn how to support insulin resistance in diabetes, balance blood sugar by healing insulin receptors, and to return your client to metabolic wellness.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:00] How to start the process of resetting the metabolism.
- [03:00] Hibiscus as a good source of chromium, which escorts insulin attached to sugar across the cell membranes.
- [08:00] Taking magnesium in natural forms assists overall health.
- [11:00] Almost everyone in the Western world has imbalanced omega-6 to omega-3.
- [19:00] Foods for metabolic healing are broccoli, avocado, alfalfa, and Bolivia, but you need to be careful with people who are extremely insulin resistant.
- Food can support reversing insulin resistance in diabetes, balance blood sugar by healing insulin receptors, and can return your client to metabolic wellness.
- The three nutrients Dr. Ritamarie uses the most are chromium, magnesium, and DHA docosahexaenoic.
- Disruptors of metabolic processes include trans fats, pesticides, and processed carbs.
- Functional Food Guide
- ReInvent Healthcare
- The False Gods of Food Religions
- The Real Cost of Healthcare
- Identifying Food Sensitivities: The Missing Piece
- Food Sensitivity Detection: When Perceived Failure Is True Success
- The Real way to Get Results with a Provocation Protocol
- Little Miracles Everywhere: Plant Phytonutrients
- The Food Matrix and the Future of Nutritional Research
- Believing Isn’t Always Seeing! The Power of Functional Food
- The Health Benefits of Polyphenols in Restoring Balance
- Phytonutrients— There’s More Than Meets the Eye