Functional Foods for Immune System Health
This episode focuses on functional foods for immune system health. In the current state of the world, this is a much needed topic. If everyone understood how to support immune function using food, there could be much fewer infectious and autoimmune diseases. Tune in to learn how to keep your client's body functioning at its highest level by eating foods that support their immune system health.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:30] What kinds of foods support optimal immune function?
- [06:30] Vitamin A is crucial to protect the mucous membranes.
- [12:10] Immune supporting herbs.
- [17:50] Immunostimulants vs. immunomodulators – what is the difference between them?
- [22:05] How you can be a hero in your client’s life and encourage them on how to support their immune systems.
- Sugar impacts the ability of the macrophages to support health. When sugar is in the diet, it displaces vitamin C in the white blood cells, and it causes the macrophage activity to drop by at least 50%, depending on the quantity of sugar.
- Eating lots of fresh garlic at the first sign of an infectious disease can help dramatically increase the chances of your immune system knocking the disease on the first day.
- Find herbs that can be used as both food and medicine. You can use them to create teas, tinctures, capsules, powders and extracts, all of which can promote optimal immune system health.
- Functional Food Guide
- Medicinal Mushrooms for Health & Healing
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- Kitchen Herbalism Training & Guide to Herbal Home Remedies
- The False Gods of Food Religions
- The Real Cost of Healthcare
- Identifying Food Sensitivities: The Missing Piece
- Food Sensitivity Detection: When Perceived Failure Is True Success
- The Real way to Get Results with a Provocation Protocol
- Little Miracles Everywhere: Plant Phytonutrients
- The Food Matrix and the Future of Nutritional Research
- Believing Isn’t Always Seeing! The Power of Functional Food
- The Health Benefits of Polyphenols in Restoring Balance
- Phytonutrients— There’s More Than Meets the Eye