Functional Foods for Optimizing Microbiome Balance With Steph Jackson
This episode focuses on functional food for optimizing microbiome balance. Our guest, Steph Jackson, is an expert in gut health and fermented foods. Lovingly called the “gut whisper” by members of our community, Steph is changing the way we think about holistic digestive health. Tune in to our discussion to learn how to ensure your clients know how to incorporate a variety of carbohydrates needed for a healthy microbiome, the vital nutrients necessary for butyrate production, and how to use fermentation to change everyday foods for a variety of gut-healing benefits. By working with all of our bacteria, we’re able to achieve dynamic and lasting wellness.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [05:00] The reasons resistant starch is good for you.
- [09:00] Eating more fiber produces more butyrate, specifically in the gut.
- [15:00] Liver enzymes, and multiple other things that help us to tolerate foods.
- [24:00] Many clients are taking zinc supplements but not drinking enough water.
- [28:00] It’s not only a matter of taking a probiotic, it’s a matter of having the right environment as well.
- [32:00] The benefits of including ginger in your diet.
- If the Microbiome is out of balance, symptoms are produced from bacteria processing the food for you.
- We need to look at improving stomach acid and gut and microbiome health to ensure we make proper changes to our health.
- Several studies show that we can increase our bifidobacterium by eating more fiber. But, what those studies have not been able to find is that eating more fiber produces more butyrate, specifically in the gut.
- Functional Food Guide
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- Plant Powered Probiotics
- Friendly Flora Collective
- Functional Food Guide
- Free ticket to the microbiome mission
- The False Gods of Food Religions
- The Real Cost of Healthcare
- Identifying Food Sensitivities: The Missing Piece
- Food Sensitivity Detection: When Perceived Failure Is True Success
- The Real way to Get Results with a Provocation Protocol
- Little Miracles Everywhere: Plant Phytonutrients
- The Food Matrix and the Future of Nutritional Research
- Believing Isn’t Always Seeing! The Power of Functional Food
- The Health Benefits of Polyphenols in Restoring Balance
- Phytonutrients— There’s More Than Meets the Eye