The Metabolic Health Sweet Spot
IN THIS EPISODE:
Metabolic Health Epidemic
A survey conducted between 2006 and 2016 revealed that 88% of the population was metabolically unwell. Subsequently, after the pandemic, a follow-up survey in 2022 indicated that 93% of the population was metabolically unwell. This data underscores the severity of the metabolic health epidemic, surpassing the attention given to other health crises, that is why it is important to be familiar with metabolic health and how to properly assess your clients.
Impact of Diet and Lifestyle
The primary contributors to metabolic unwellness are identified as diet and lifestyle choices. Excessive sugar intake, averaging around 150 pounds per person annually in the U.S., is pinpointed as a major factor leading to insulin resistance. High sugar intake, hydrogenated oils, lack of consistent movement, poor sleep, and high stress all lead to metabolic imbalances.
Blood Sugar Control Matters
Insulin resistance is a key factor, and the detrimental effects of elevated blood sugar levels are highlighted, including complications such as blindness, neuropathy, cardiovascular diseases, and cancer. Practical steps, including testing foods to create personalized menus and lifestyle adjustments, are recommended to help clients stabilize blood sugar levels and achieve metabolic wellness in order to better support them so they can lead healthy, optimal lives.
Important ReInvent Healthcare Links
- Access Additional Resources for Practitioners ready to improve clinical outcomes through our Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training.
- Visit the ReInvent Healthcare site to check out other podcast episodes and resources to support you in empowering your clients health recovery journeys
- Check out my Insulin Resistance Course here.
- Check out the Reverse Belly Fat checklist here.
- Enroll in my Sweet Spot Solution course here.