Intermittent Fasting Transformation for Women with Cynthia Thurlow
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:55] Cynthia describes her approach to intermittent fasting.
- [04:37] How intermittent fasting can restore balance to your overall health.
- [10:10] Hormones play crucial roles in our metabolic health.
- [16:09] Why lifestyle medicine should be the first step in reclaiming your health.
- [17:13] When you eat matters just as much as what you eat.
- [19:41] Cynthia touches on some considerations for females contemplating intermittent fasting.
- [24:44] What are the different kinds of intermittent fasting?
- [30:22] Why the length of your fast should be determined by your goals and your body’s needs.
- [37:38] What people struggling with thyroid imbalance should know.
- [42:14] How you eat during your eating window matters, and here’s why.
- We are constantly exposed to endocrine-disrupting chemicals, not only in our food, but also in our environment, food, and personal care products.
- Estrogen is a grossly under appreciated hormone because we don’t realize what happens when it’s not properly balanced.
- It takes our bodies four to five hours between meals to detoxify, push things forward, and address pathogens. We knock out the benefits of this process when we eat too frequently.
- We need to prioritize high-quality sleep because it affects so many aspects of our lives and health.
- ReInvent Healthcare
- UNC Health Study
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- The Many Faces of Fasting
- Metabolic Syndrome – The Most Common Disease You’ve Never Heard Of
- Inflammation: The Silent Killer
- The Pain & Glory of Metabolic Flexibility
- Fasting: A Cautionary Tale
- 7 Secrets to Hormone Balance, Energy and Mental Clarity: The Body Freedom Pillars
Cynthia Thurlow is a nurse practitioner, CEO, and founder of the Everyday Wellness Project, and international speaker, with over 10 million views for her second TEDx talk (Intermittent Fasting: Transformational Technique). With over 20 years of experience in health and wellness, Cynthia is a globally recognized expert in intermittent fasting and nutritional health and has been featured on ABC, FOX5, KTLA, CW, Medium, Entrepreneur, and The Megyn Kelly Show. She was listed in Yahoo Finance as one of the, “21 Founders Changing the Way We Do Business.” Cynthia hosts the Everyday Wellness podcast, considered one of “21 Podcasts To Expand Your Mind in 2021” by Business Insider. Her mission is to educate women on the benefits of intermittent fasting and overall holistic health and wellness, so they feel empowered to live their most optimal lives.