Practical Answers To Common Metabolic Questions
Dr. Ritamarie answers some of the most common metabolic questions. This episode is full of clarifying information, such as how long it takes to reverse metabolic imbalance, how to find the best eating and fasting windows for your clients, and various ways to test blood sugar. There is no one-size-fits-all answer, because every body is different. Tune in as Dr. Ritamarie helps practitioners better understand the complexities of metabolic health.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:52] How long does it take to reverse metabolic imbalance?
- [04:07] Dr. Ritamarie discusses the dangers of being told that an A1C level of 5.6 is normal.
- [06:34] Does intermittent fasting need to be paired with a keto-like diet in order to be successful?
- [09:06] How to know the ideal eating and fasting windows for your clients.
- [11:31] Should you really eat breakfast within an hour of waking up?
- [14:06] Dr. Ritamarie shares different ways to test blood sugar.
- [20:22] How important is it to test ketones?
- [23:00] How often should blood sugar be tested and how high can it safely go?
- [26:35] Dr. Ritamarie discusses the potential of falling in the danger zone when intermittent fasting.
- As practitioners, it is important to stress that your clients follow your instructions to become metabolically well.
- Someone doesn’t have to eat a low carb diet in order for intermittent fasting to have positive benefits.
- The key components of the meal that should break your fast are: fiber, fat, protein, greens, and probiotics.
- ReInvent Healthcare
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- The Many Faces of Fasting
- Metabolic Syndrome – The Most Common Disease You’ve Never Heard Of
- Inflammation: The Silent Killer
- The Pain & Glory of Metabolic Flexibility
- Fasting: A Cautionary Tale
- 7 Secrets to Hormone Balance, Energy and Mental Clarity: The Body Freedom Pillars