Most Common Questions Clients and Practitioners Ask About Genetics
This week's episode of ReInvent Healthcare is the final in the Nutrigenomics and Epigenetics series. We cover some of the questions which may be on your mind, including ‘what's the best genetic test?’ A lot of people were concerned, and rightly so, when the popular company 23andMe was bought out by a drug company. Would their information not be private? Would the genetic information from testing be shared with drug companies for research? Tune in to learn how to use 23andMe, compared to other genetic tests, as well as top books and resources, and how to explain genetic findings to clients.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:00] How to use a 23andMe test anonymously.
- [10:00] Using other genetic tests compared to 23andMe.
- [13:00] Which tests to take when there is no single test which has everything you need.
- [16:00] Explaining things to clients in a way that’s empowering.
- [18:00] Studying the big picture of folate and B12 when it comes to the MTHFR gene.
- [22:00] Using nutrigenomics properties and balancing epigenetics as part of your assessment, but not as the be all and end all, or only using supplements.
- It’s possible to use a 23andMe test anonymously.
- It’s important to explain things to clients to empower them.
- It’s important to use nutrigenomics and epigenetics as part of your assessment, but not as the be all and end all, or only using supplements as your treatment.