Why Sleep is the Key Ingredient for Healing
In this week’s episode of ReInvent Healthcare, we’ll explore why sleep is so important. We’ll discuss some of the biochemical and neurological mechanisms that are at play, what happens when we don't get enough sleep, and sleep issues, like insomnia. As practitioners, we know the value of sleep. We know how important it is to overall health, and our clients and patients need to understand the importance of sleep to ultimate health and wellbeing as well. Listen in to learn how to assist your clients with the right conditions for sleep to further improve their health and wellness.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:00] The effect of sleep on our blood sugar levels.
- [06:00] Studies show that routinely sleeping less than six hours a night puts you at risk of certain cancers and affects the immune system in negative ways
- [10:00] Conditions which assist the body to fall asleep.
- [13:00] The difference in retaining learning from studying all night compared to having a break for sleep.
- [16:00] Meditation and other techniques to teach people to improve their lack of sleep.
- [18:00] The physiologic and biochemical things to assist clients with their sleep.
- Lack of sleep affects blood sugar levels.
- There are many conditions and techniques to implement to assist the body to fall asleep.
- It’s also important to review the physiologic and biochemical aspects when assisting clients with their sleep.