Sleep Myths, Misconceptions, and Questions
In this week’s episode of ReInvent Healthcare, we tackle the myths, misconceptions, and questions people have about sleep, so that we can make sure that our clients are well informed and aren’t believing just about anything they hear or read on the internet. This way, we make sure that people are doing the right thing and getting the proper amount of sleep so as to optimize their health.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:10] Can napping really make up for lack of sleep?
- [03:20] How exercise before bed can affect sleep
- [05:30] Acne, growth hormones, and lack of sleep during adolescence
- [07:00] The truth about caffeine before bed
- [13:00] Some sleep devices to monitor sleep
- The effects of caffeine and exercise before bed differs from person to person so it is good to monitor the effects.
- Only 1 in 4 million people can function properly with around 4-5 hours of sleep.
- Determining your sleep cycle, knowing your genes, keeping your blood sugar and your appetite in control are good ways for people to get good sleep.
- Get the Magic Questions
- Insulin Resistance for Health Practitioners
- FREE Sleep Resource Guide
- Food Checklist to Restore Insulin Sensitivity
- Impact of Sleep Debt on Metabolic Endocrine Function
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- ReInvent Healthcare Sleep Podcast Sleep Series