Solving the Puzzle of The Thyroid Epidemic
In this week’s episode of ReInvent Healthcare, we begin a new theme on Thyroid. We as practitioners need to be able to help our clients know what affects their thyroid, know what symptoms to watch out for, and know important factors to consider in order to fully optimize their health by prescribing proper interventions - medication where appropriate, diet, and lifestyle. Thyroid hormone imbalance is one of the most mis-assessed and mis-treated conditions in medicine today, and as functional practitioners we have the tools to help people.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:30] What is the true underlying cause of thyroid dysfunction?
- [04:00] Important factors to consider that are overlooked by conventional medicine
- [06:40] Cell danger responses
- [11:50] Problems with the allopathic model
- [15:20] What to recommend to clients with thyroid imbalance
- Even if the thyroid gland is working perfectly, our clients can still show thyroid symptoms because cells aren’t getting the proper hormones.
- Just because Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) levels are normal, doesn’t mean there aren’t any underlying issues. Various factors can affect TSH.
- Tap water is loaded with chlorine, fluoride, medication residues and chemicals that can damage the thyroid and its receptors.