The Impact of Poor Sleep on Blood Sugar Regulation
In this episode of ReInvent Healthcare, we will discuss how the lack of sleep can affect blood sugar balance and insulin regulation. We also go over the connection between type 2 diabetes and sleep disorders, the importance of sleep regulation strategies, and how to restore balance to your clients. Listen on and learn more in this episode of ReInvent Healthcare.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:00] The connection between type 2 diabetes and sleep disorder
- [03:00] Getting little sleep and increasing insulin resistance
- [5:30] Sleep patterns and growth hormones
- [7:30] 1999 study that assessed carbohydrate metabolism, thyrotropin function, and the activity of the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal access and sympathovagal balance
- [10:00] Sleep deprivation, glucose regulation, insulin sensitivity
- [11:00] Sleep strategies for disordered metabolic function
- Insufficient sleep has an adverse effect on glucose tolerance and can bring people who are healthy into a state of pre-diabetes
- People need sleep and sleep debt has a harmful impact on carbohydrate metabolism and endocrine function.
- Studying the importance of sleep regulation strategies is important in order to make the lives of your clients better.
- Get the Magic Questions
- IRSPT Program
- FREE Sleep Resource Guide
- Food Checklist to Restore Insulin Sensitivity
- Sleep and Blood Glucose Levels
- Impact of Sleep Debt on Metabolic Endocrine Function
- ReInvent Healthcare Blog