What Your Patients Need to Learn to Heal from Hashimoto’s with Dr. Izabella Wentz
In this week’s episode of ReInvent Healthcare, we have Dr. Izabella Wentz, a doctor of Pharmacy with over 20 years of experience and the author of The Definitive Guide for Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s, 90-Day Action Plan to Reverse Thyroid Symptoms, Real Food Solutions to Take Back Your Health & Life, and her upcoming book, 4-Week Plan to Release Stress Symptoms and Go from Surviving to Thriving. Together we explore the most common causes of diagnosed hypothyroidism and how the thyroid and thyroid imbalances are connected to adrenal imbalance.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [3:30] – What is Hashimoto’s?
- [6:00] – Sex Variation in Hashimoto’s Patients
- [15:30] – What to look for when it comes to Hashimoto‘s Patients
- [20:00] – The Importance of Adrenals when it comes to Thyroid
- [42:00] – How Adrenal Dysfunction Affects Thyroid Health
- Despite sounding like a rare disease, Hashimoto’s causes 90%-99% of Hypothyroidism, depending on which studies you look at.
- 60%-70% of patients with an autoimmune disease have a higher chance of getting a second or third disease.
- Thyroid hormones cause the body to clear out cortisol. Once hypothyroidism is corrected, you’ll better assess true cortisol levels.