Adrenal Dysfunction and Sex Hormone Interaction
IN THIS EPISODE:
Cholesterol and Pregnenolone Steal
Not very many people are aware or remember that Cholesterol helps create the sex hormones. Cholesterol needs Vitamin B5 in order to get to the next step which is Pregnenolone. So what exactly is Pregnenolone Steal? Learn more in this episode.
Sex Hormone Imbalance and Adrenal Dysfunction
Sex Hormone Imbalance is very much related to Adrenal Dysfunction. That is why when you approach a client with a Sex Hormone Imbalance, you need to assess cortisol levels and get their stress and adrenal function under control.
The Importance of Cortisol
Cortisol plays an important role in stress response. If one is under a lot of stress, pregnenolone is going to be converted to cortisol, and lead to imbalances in sex hormones. So it is important to get stress under control in order to control libido and menstrual cycles.
- Get our FREE Guide to Taking a Detailed Health History that gets you to root causes with ease.
- Read through our FREE Adrenal Guide.
- Access Additional Resources for Practitioners ready to improve clinical outcomes through our Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner Training.
- Watch our recorded Thyroid Adrenal Workshop here.
- Check out the Hormone Interaction image I mentioned during the episode here.