Functional Foods for Female Hormones With Dr. Anna Cabeca
This episode focuses on functional foods for female hormones. Our guest is Dr. Anna Cabeca, a DO, OBGYN, FACOG, triple-board certified and a fellow of gynecology and obstetrics, integrative medicine, and anti-aging and regenerative medicine. We are exploring the relationship between food and female hormone imbalances that occur, including hot flashes and the other uncomfortable symptoms that many women experience in menopause. Most doctors prescribe hormones, or they put women on antidepressants or other drugs for symptom relief. Tune in to learn other possibilities related to teaching patients how to eat properly for hormone balance.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:00] Guest Dr. Anna Cabeca’s certifications.
- [08:00] As children we were taught “3 meals and 3 snacks per day.” Dr. Cabeca explains why that needs to change.
- [15:00] We cannot always trust studies, as sometimes there’s bias to have a certain outcome.
- [20:00] Dr. Anna Cabeca’s new book, called “MenuPause.”
- [28:00] Examples of calories versus nutrition.
- [32:00] The challenge for many vegetarians is that too many carbs equals too much sugar.
- Many women experience female hormone imbalances in menopause, and at other times their lives.
- Other factors including Ryzen in blood sugar, digestion and insulin resistance also affect our hormone balance.
- Instead of antidepressants or drugs, eating certain foods can assist in relieving the symptoms of hormone imbalances.
- Functional Food Guide
- Kitchen Herbalism Training & Guide to Herbal Home Remedies
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- MenuPause Book
- Keto-Green™ 16 Book
- The Hormone Fix Book
- The False Gods of Food Religions
- The Real Cost of Healthcare
- Identifying Food Sensitivities: The Missing Piece
- Food Sensitivity Detection: When Perceived Failure Is True Success
- The Real way to Get Results with a Provocation Protocol
- Little Miracles Everywhere: Plant Phytonutrients
- The Food Matrix and the Future of Nutritional Research
- Believing Isn’t Always Seeing! The Power of Functional Food
- The Health Benefits of Polyphenols in Restoring Balance
- Phytonutrients— There’s More Than Meets the Eye