Culinary Herbs and Spices for Immune System Support
This episode focuses on culinary herbs and spices for immune system support. Herbs and spices have been used for millennia for treating a variety of common ailments. Some of the medicinal uses of plants are widely recognized even by modern medicine. Tune in to hear the many herbs and spices which assist us in a variety of aspects of health and wellness, including immune system support. Listen for these specific herbs and spices to add to your foods daily which is easier and cheaper than it seems.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:00] Hippocrates, who was often called the father of modern medicine, said “let thy food be thy medicine.”
- [05:00] Italian flavors like basil, oregano, garlic and thyme are gems for your immune system.
- [09:00] Some powdered herbs could be stirred into melted coconut oil, then refrigerated to harden.
- [14:00] Why cayenne is so good for peripheral neuropathies.
- [18:00] The benefits of nutmeg for the immune system.
- [20:00] How saffron improves airways and sleep.
- [21:00] The benefits of sage in easing inflammation.
- There are a number of ways we can use herbs and spices. When added to foods, herbs and spices are so much more than just flavor enhancers. They have beneficial healing powers, so it’s important to add herbs and spices to smoothies, soups, vegetable dishes, and even desserts.
- Including common herbs and spices in your foods daily for your specific needs is easier than it seems.
- There are many great ways to support the immune system with common herbs and spices which are usually in everybody’s kitchen. Learning these powerful remedies and sharing them with your clients is so rewarding and empowering to feel confident in your ability to recommend remedies that cost next to nothing and are available 24/7.
- Immune Modulation Strategies Guide
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- The Essential Guide To Immune System Modulation
- Autoimmunity, Immune System Health, and Thymus Gland Function
- The Microbiome in the Gut Is Foundational to Immune System Health
- Optimizing Your Immune System is Critical During Times of Chronic Stress
- Three Ways Food Phytonutrients Boost The Immune System
- How Fiber Supports the Immune System
- The Appendix and the Immune System: Challenging Long Held Beliefs