Dietary Approaches to Reversing Autoimmune Conditions With Dr. Terry Wahls
In this episode, we explore how auto-immune disorders can be managed using the power of foods. Our guest is Dr. Terry Wahls, an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner and a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa. Terry has assisted thousands of patients to reverse their autoimmune disorders and has trained hundreds of health and wellness practitioners to do the same with their patients. Tune in to learn how to assist your clients in reversing their autoimmune conditions, by adding or removing foods from their diets, to make changes to their immune system health.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [04:00] Introducing Terry Wahls
- [08:00] Terry Wahls experience in a conventional medical background.
- [16:00] Where to start with you patients who have an autoimmune disease.
- [20:00] How to approach patients who have already removed foods from their diet.
- [26:00] Terry believes that we could anticipate a higher quality of life in improved function, if we addressed self care routines.
- [30:00] Trialing removing different foods from the diet.
- [34:00] Omega-3s and brain health.
- [40:00] Information for Terry Wahls trainings and resources.
- Many people with autoimmune disorders are told by the medical industry there is no solution in reversing the disorder.
- There are alternative ways to reversing autoimmune conditions, by focusing on food and diet.
- Terry Wahls has had a huge impact in the autoimmune world and her trainings are available to assist practitioners and patients.
- Functional Food to Support the Immune System
- Learn more about our practitioner training here.
- About the Wahls Protocol
- The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life
- Wahls Research Papers
- Wahls Research Lab: to learn about current clinical research studies that Dr. Wahls is conducting
- Terry Wahls Facebook
- Terry Wahls Instagram
- Terry Wahls Twitter
- Terry Wahls YouTube
- Defying All Odds Movie
- The Essential Guide To Immune System Modulation
- Autoimmunity, Immune System Health, and Thymus Gland Function
- The Microbiome in the Gut Is Foundational to Immune System Health
- Optimizing Your Immune System is Critical During Times of Chronic Stress
- Three Ways Food Phytonutrients Boost The Immune System
- How Fiber Supports the Immune System
- The Appendix and the Immune System: Challenging Long Held Beliefs
- Boosting The Immune System to Slow Immunosenescence