Innate and Acquired Immune System Optimization
On this episode we explore the incredible world of the immune system. The immune system has become a major focus, and the medical orientation and approach only addresses one part of the immune system. Tune in to learn how this department for the body makes decisions about what to let in, what to keep out, and how nutrition assists with keeping our cells and immune system in balance. This will give you a better understanding of the immune system, allowing you to offer more to your patients and clients.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [06:00] The different types of T cells.
- [11:00] What happens if there are nutrient deficiencies.
- [14:00] Fatty acids are crucial for balance and to avoid inflammation.
- [18:00] The importance of vitamin A and the formation of the dendritic cells.
- [21:00] We need a healthy, innate immune response, as well as an adaptive immune response for the immune system.
- The main purpose of the innate immune response is to respond immediately to prevent pathogens from spreading throughout the body.
- The second line of defense the immune system has is the adaptive immune response, which lasts longer, possibly for life, and is highly specific and sustained by what’s known as memory T cells.
- Using functional nutrition to balance hormones and body functions, and to have a healthy immune system, will assist your clients to achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Immune Modulation Strategies Guide
- Zinc as a Gatekeeper of Immune Function
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- Kitchen Herbalism Training & Guide to Herbal Home Remedies
- The Essential Guide To Immune System Modulation
- Autoimmunity, Immune System Health, and Thymus Gland Function
- The Microbiome in the Gut Is Foundational to Immune System Health
- Optimizing Your Immune System is Critical During Times of Chronic Stress
- Three Ways Food Phytonutrients Boost The Immune System
- How Fiber Supports the Immune System
- The Appendix and the Immune System: Challenging Long Held Beliefs
- Boosting The Immune System to Slow Immunosenescence