Environmental Considerations That Disrupt the Immune System With Dr. Tom O’Bryan
This week’s episode focuses on the environmental factors which disrupt the immune system. Today's guest, Dr. Tom O'Bryan is the author of the bestselling book ‘The Autoimmune Fix’ and the creator of the online docu-series ‘Betrayal, The Autoimmune Disease Solution They're Not Telling You’. He is also an internationally recognized speaker and very sought after workshop leader, specializing in gluten and its impact on health and the development of autoimmune disease. Join us as we discuss chemicals, the rising amount of autoimmune diseases, and what you can do to reduce daily intake of toxins.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [05:00] With any chronic inflammatory disease, where does the inflammation come from? It always comes back to the same mechanisms.
- [10:00] The leaky gut, and the larger molecules going through into the bloodstream.
- [15:00] People who were tested that had elevated antibodies were all healthy. But within three years, 87% of those people were diagnosed with an auto-immune disease.
- [20:00] The statistics of pregnancy when eating organic fruits and vegetables compared to conventional produce from the supermarket.
- [25:00] There is no evidence of a plastic bottle of water affecting you, but chemicals are accumulating in our body over time and autoimmune diseases are increasing every year.
- [34:00] When implementing lifestyle changes, the most important thing you can do is be kind to yourself and to be patient.
- Autoimmune diseases are on the rise, with the accumulation of toxins in the food we consume and environmental factors resulting in our immune system trying to keep up.
- There’s no evidence of a single plastic cup or bottle affecting our health, but the chemicals accumulate in your body. Every auto immune disease is going up between four and 9% every single year.
- There are steps to reduce the amount of chemicals you take in, including having indoor plants, eating organic foods and using negative ion generators in your car.
- Immune Modulation Strategies Guide
- “The Autoimmune Fix” Book
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- “Betrayal, The Autoimmune Disease Solution They’re Not Telling You” online docu-series
- The Essential Guide To Immune System Modulation
- Autoimmunity, Immune System Health, and Thymus Gland Function
- The Microbiome in the Gut Is Foundational to Immune System Health
- Optimizing Your Immune System is Critical During Times of Chronic Stress
- Three Ways Food Phytonutrients Boost The Immune System
- How Fiber Supports the Immune System
- The Appendix and the Immune System: Challenging Long Held Beliefs
- Boosting The Immune System to Slow Immunosenescence