The Insulin Dysregulation Epidemic and the Importance of Intermittent Fasting
For our first official episode, we're diving straight into a topic that has become an epidemic in the United States. Studies have shown that 88% of our population is metabolically unwell. We discuss the dangers of insulin dysregulation and the roles that intermittent fasting can play in the restoration of metabolic balance. Addressing insulin dysregulation and blood sugar dysregulation is the key to preventing many of the diseases, conditions, and imbalances that so much of our population struggles with. Listen in as we challenge the common practices for testing and diagnosing diabetes, using new research.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:37] What does it mean to be metabolically unwell?
- [02:14] What does it take to be metabolically healthy?
- [05:10] A quick review of insulin and why it’s so important.
- [09:46] Some of the main conditions related to having out of control insulin and blood sugar.
- [13:04] Dr. Ritamarie challenges common practices for testing for and diagnosing diabetes.
- [19:19] What is intermittent fasting? How does it help regulate glucose and insulin?
- [21:05] Dr. Ritamarie shares The Many Faces of Fasting, her top resource for intermittent fasting.
- A study conducted from 2006 to 2016 and published in Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders in 2018, found that 88% of the population is metabolically unwell.
- Addressing insulin dysregulation and blood sugar dysregulation is the key to preventing so many of the diseases, conditions, and imbalances that 88% of the population struggle with.
- Intermittent fasting is proven to help regulate glucose and insulin levels.
- ReInvent Healthcare
- UNC Health Study
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- The Many Faces of Fasting
- Metabolic Syndrome – The Most Common Disease You’ve Never Heard Of
- Inflammation: The Silent Killer
- The Pain & Glory of Metabolic Flexibility
- Fasting: A Cautionary Tale
- 7 Secrets to Hormone Balance, Energy and Mental Clarity: The Body Freedom Pillars