The Most Important and Often Overlooked Tests for Metabolic Dysfunction with Annette Falconett
In this episode are joined by Annette Falconett, author of My Journey Back to Health: Living with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Health Coach, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, and Nutritional Endocrinology Practitioner. Annette shares how her daughter’s Type 1 diabetes went undiagnosed and nearly ended her daughter’s life. Tune in as Dr. Ritamarie and Annette discuss what Annette learned from her experience, the importance of metabolic health and monitoring your blood sugar levels, and also how Annette and her daughter worked to balance her daughter’s metabolic health. It’s time doctors see diabetes as the serious disease that it is.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:19] How Annette’s family was impacted by diabetes.
- [12:24] Why the system needs to change when it comes to testing metabolic health.
- [13:45] Why doctors should be testing postprandial glucose.
- [19:00] Dr. Ritamarie discusses the damaging effects of high levels of insulin.
- [25:48] Annette shares her daughter’s testing patterns for monitoring her blood sugar.
- [31:59] Dr. Ritamarie shares some resources where you can go for your own testing.
- [37:19] Why a continuous glucose meter should be used to manage blood sugar.
- [43:01] A quick rundown of blood tests that Dr. Ritamarie and Annette recommend.
- Every household should have a glucose meter, just like a thermometer.
- Early testing for diabetes is crucial for providing the right care for patients.
- Unfortunately, most doctors are not taught how to manage insulin resistance. Instead, patients are told to lose weight, which is not a preventative approach.
- ReInvent Healthcare
- The Many Faces of Fasting
- Learn more about our practitioner training here
- Metabolic Syndrome – The Most Common Disease You’ve Never Heard Of
- Inflammation: The Silent Killer
- Fasting: A Cautionary Tale
- The Pain & Glory of Metabolic Flexibility
- 7 Secrets to Hormone Balance, Energy and Mental Clarity: The Body Freedom Pillars
- Annette’s Book: My Journey Back to Health: Living with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities=
- Direct Labs
- Your Lab Work